Friday, December 4, 2009

I Dream




I Dream

I dream the dreams in a waking state
Trying to distinguish between what’s real and what’s fake
I feel the sun reaching inside me burning my soul
Consuming my body mind and all
This burning sensation I can’t describe
Although not painful; I still cry inside
From the burning desires of what I want to be
That which I am; but not totally
Life inconsistencies stigmatic flux of events
Stifles my progress; foiling all my attempts
Like that dang monkey and his wrench
Him and Murphy’s Law leave me bent
Twisted forever adjusting just to fit
In this thing called life, like a contortionist

Awaking to this state, I try to escape
The reality created for me from perception
Intangible things; its true nature innate
Are the thoughts of their misconceptions
Or recollections of past transgressions
Not by me but by other so called friends
Hence why I dream the dreams in a waking state
trying to distinguish between what’s real and what’s fake

1 comment:

Ty Mays said...

You've awaken the beauty of liquid lyrics. Beautiful you are as the beautiful source that created life.